Saturday, May 9, 2009

Visiting with friends

Here's another photo of Kate from week 3.

Thursday I went to the dentist and had two crowns put on. It still amazes me that they make them right there while you wait. They use a CEREC machine (computer like) that the technical uses to draw a 3-D picture of your new crown to fit your mouth. Unfortunately, one of them didn't fit and she had to do it three times to get it to fit right. I was in the dentist chair 3 1/2 hours. (although they did have a nice window for me to look out and the let me walk around a couple of times while the "milling machine" created the crown. I was really sore after it was all over. Since Dee was working, I golfed with that Russ and Bob that afternoon. On Friday Kathy (russ's sife) had to drive to Moon Twp. to get her daughter who flew into town, and Dee went with her to pick up Marrissa and baby Conrad who flew in from Boston. I was finally able to reach my mother to confirm my picking her up later today for a sleep over here at the house and then church and lunch on Mother's Day.

Dee and I have been talking with a mortgage guy about refinancing our mortgage to get a lower rate. I see him every Tuesday at the Cranberry Chamber networking meetings. We'll meet with him today to finalize our plans. We think it's a good step toward lowering our payments. I ran his numbers by my good friend Steve in NJ who knows that stuff inside and out, and he thought it was a step in the right direction.

No comments: