Friday, April 3, 2009

On the Go!

Here are some photos of the living room and master bedroom and bath that were recently painted. Color is so much nicer than plain white walls!

Well we visited with my mom. It turned out to be a much needed visit. We helped her with her paperwork. She needed to get caught up on her bills and especially her health insurance. It's a long story but the ending is good as far as what we accomplished in the 5 hours we were there. Then the next day (Thursday) she followed through on what I asked her to do, with a little reminding and it all came together.

On Thursday I went golfing in the morning at Treesdale Golf Club and then filled out the paperwork to work there again his summer as a "rehire." In the afternoon I went to the dentist and after 3 hours, I had two new crowns and a new filling. The technology now is awesome. They fashion and shape the porcelain crowns while you wait in the chair and then install them on the spot. Amazing. In the evening one of the Bogmeisters came over to the house and I helped him stork on a couple of songs he's having trouble with. He wants to audition to be a member, but is having trouble learning a song by heart. He'll do a try out again this next week.

Today I went to the Dr. for a follow up of my blood work. My triglycerides are up a little even though my LDL is low. Anyway, in addition to taking Chromium and Cinnamon and Fish Oil I need to cut back some on dairy products and exercise more. The Dr. indicated that exercise would help a lot. She wants me to get another glucose test to see if I'm insulin resistant. All my other readings are okay. (Look out treadmill here I come.) After the Dr. I took Dee's car to be serviced for the next 3,000 mile oil change and had the fluids topped off.

After that I went home picked up Dee and we went to Butler to have lunch with Donnie Forcht her nephew. We ate at a Mexican place he really liked. Good food. Then Dee and I went to SAMS, Ollie's and Big Lots. We're looking for a nice table about 24x17 to put the stereo stuff on (right now it's on a snack table behind the sofa in the living room). We're also looking for a nice home desk for in the loft. Nothing larger, but about 4 feet wide. We stopped at Lowe's too to check out storm doors. We'd like to get one this spring and we hear that Lowe's has them on sale usually in the Spring (but not yet) and with installation at a discount.

In the evening I hear from Faye that she'd talked with our mother and that she was doing well and had found some items she thought were lost. (PTL). I also got a phone call from the pastor at the First Baptist Church of Crafton, Marie Brown. It seems she has a throat infection and won't be able to preach on Sunday. She asked me to fill in for her, which I'm glad to do. It'll be nice to meet her congregation and help her out even on short notice.

No comments: