Saturday, April 25, 2009

Enjoying the Nice Weather

Little did we realize that Kate likes to do Yoga stretches and positions. Here's one from yesterday.

On Thursday I got to play golf with Steppy at Sun Crest Golf Course. Steppy is one of the foursome that I often play with. This is the first time just he and I played alone. The other guys are away. It was a nice afternoon and I hit a few straight.

Yesterday I went to visit with my mother in Monongahela. We were able to take care of a couple of bills and spend some time together. She had plans for the afternoon with the Senior Center she attends. They were having a "volunteer recognition" gathering at 3:00 p.m. So I took care of what I needed to do and headed home.

Then Dee and I went to Zelienople and picked out a new kitchen table. It's a pub height table with a found out leaf. It'll measure 36x54 when folded and that'll work fine for us. While we were at Kerri's we sat at her pub height table and liked it. That confirmed our decision to get this one. It's off white with a light brown top. Earlier in the week Dee met with a gal from Penny's who came to the house with ideas for window treatments that Dee liked. So the front windows will also get a make over. should be nice when it's done.

We spent the evening on the deck reading and enjoying being outdoors. It had been 85 degrees during the day and so the evening was pleasantly warm. The news people said it has not been that warm in Pittsburgh since last October. We also signed up with Netflix and received our first movie. We watched "Get Smart" in the evening and enjoyed the story. I laughed a lot.

No comments: