Thursday, April 23, 2009

Back at Home Again

Here's a photo of Kaitlin taken by Kerri with her Blackberry phone. I'm currently using it as my cell phone wallpaper. I also put some of our photos on my Facebook page and got instant responses from friends there who saw the photos and loved them. That was nice.

Yesterday we settled in to our old routine. First I went to the post office to pick up our mail. There was a pile of stuff to sort through. I was glad I didn't have them keep delivering it. (All that is now done on the computer.)

Then, I went to Rotary where we heard a speaker from the "Butler Blue Sox" a new baseball team that will play at the new Pullman Stadium". this summer. The players will be college kids from around the country who play for their colleges during the school year. Their hope is to eventually play professional baseball. The speaker was the Owner/Manager of the team. He started a similar team in Washington PA that now gets about 3,400 people per game in their 3,200 seat stadium. The tickets are $6.00 per game and sounds like it will be a lot of fun for the whole family as they have various activities between innings to keep the kids engaged. Sounds like fun. The start playing on June 4 and play for 9 weeks. Their home games will be in Butler.

During the meeting I was asked to make an announcement. I told them about Kaitlin's birth as our first grandchild. Everyone applauded! Nice.

From there I went to pick up Bonz from the kennel. He was groomed on the last morning there so he'd be ready for the summer. He was in good shape and quite excited to be with us again and back home. We walked him later in the day after the rains stopped.

Dee stopped in a McGinnis. They were happy to see her and they said they'd put her back on the schedule starting next week. I stopped in at Giant Eagle where I could print out some photos of our trip to be with Kerri Pat and Kaitlin. Now we'll have some photos to show folks. I also printed some to mail to people and to give to my mother.

Dee heard from Kerri during the day and they're doing fine. Had a good night with Kate as they regulate her day/night clock. Every time I look at the picture above I realize how blessed we are.

No comments: