Friday, March 27, 2009

More Painting and a Phone Call

The painters are making great progress and Earl and I installed the chair rail. He brought his son's power brad-nail gun and it was pow pow pow and we were done. The painters filled in the nail holes and repainted the chair rail and it looks GREAT! They also started and finished the master bedroom. It looks awesome. The color we picked is perfect. (Pictures once we get some curtain up.) It's cheerful without being overwhelming. All that's left is the doors on the first floor and the master bath. The painter is coming tomorrow (Saturday) for a while to do the doors. I expect they'll be done on Monday.

Later today I received a call fro an old pastor friend who was in Wilkinsburg when I was there. His church is having service to honor and support the military families during this time of War. It's their 6th annual service of prayer and support. It seems the person (Military Chaplain) they'd scheduled to preach became sick. And my friend was told I am back in the area by a mutual friend. So he called me. I'll be preaching tomorrow (Saturday) at the Concord United Methodist Church in Beaver Falls at 6 p.m. The sermon I preached last Sunday in Cranberry will fit perfectly with a little tweaking. At first I thought I might wear my uniform, but upon further reflection, I don't think I can fit into it LOL. I'm looking forward to seeing my old friend and sharing with them in the worship service. God is Good.

No comments: