Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Busy Day - Dancing, Singing and March Madness

Yesterday, Saturday, I went to the Church to practice with the a cappella quartet for our Maundy Thursday song. Dee went to WW. We met up afterward for lunch at Bar Louie's. We had two coupons for lunch and decided to use them. It was a good lunch. she had the Hong Kong Salad and I have the Turkey Burger in a Bowl. The latter had lots of salad with it. We both liked our lunches. During the afternoon we just hung out and started putting china and pictures away in preparation for the painters coming on Monday. I also worked on my sermon for today (Sunday). In the evening we went to a Band Booster's Dance at Seneca Valley Intermediate School. We'd never been there before. There was a Big Band dance band and two of the school jazz bands that played. The latter played when the "Big Band" took their break. The music was excellent. We got there early for a lesson. It was review, but always nice to see how they teach what the do. The Millers from church told us about it. Their son plays in one of the high school jazz bands. It was a nice evening. We left about 8:30 p.m. so I could finalize my sermon for today.

Today, I left home early so I could lead both services at church. Both the pastor and the assistant were gone, so I had to do the whole thing - announcements and all. It's different than I'm used to and so was a little stressful in that I didn't want to forget anything and didn't want to appear clueless. It went well. I taught the little kids a song and a dance step to go with it. And of course everyone in the congregation had to learn it too. It was a fun song, easy to learn and everyone joined in in a good hearted fashion. Lots of fun. I felt the total worship experience of the whole service was both varied and worshipful. Very satisfying after it was all said and done.

The Campbells were there and so we went to lunch with them afterward at First Watch. Earl is going to make the chair rail for us for the kitchen. The painters come tomorrow and start their handiwork. I'm looking forward to seeing the color on the walls.

Our neighbor came by this afternoon, and indicated that there is another raccoon that came up on his deck about 4 a.m. this morning. It was eating his suet that he puts out for the birds. I called the my friend the "great raccoon hunter" and he's bringing his trap over this afternoon so we can get rid of the critter.

We were happy to watch Pitt win over Oklahoma State and advance to the Sweet Sixteen in Boston. Good game. We're not really basketball fans, but this March Madness stuff is fun.

No comments: