Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our First -- Hot Tubing in the Snow

Yesterday we took our time in the morning doing things around the house. I straightened my files of stuff I brought from NJ. I'll likely use them over the next years and so I wanted to put them in order. Dee went to Contours for exercise. After she came home we had some fantastic soup of beans we bought at the church's SERRV table. Dee added some ham to it and it was superb!

After lunch I took her car to the Saturn dealer for a 3,000 mile tire rotation and oil change. Later we continued our search for garland for the stair case. We decided on some really nice ones at Costco. They'll do the job just fine. Now I just have to order the "garland grabbers" from QVC and we'll be all set.

In the evening I went to Bogmeister practice. I'd been working with Bill, a new singer who can't read music. He's been coming regularly and making slow progress. Last night, we put the sheet music down, and tried it without looking at the words and notes. Just looked at the director. What a difference! Bill made a quantum leap forward in hitting the right notes with the right words. PTL! He still has a long way to go, but I know he enjoyed it much more last night and he now has hope that he can do it.

I decided to pass on the "milk and cookies" at Ol' Uncle Bob's with the guys. Instead I came home had Dee and I enjoyed a Merlot in the hot tub watching the moon rise. Although there was snow on the deck and ground and it was 28 degrees out, the hot tub was superb!

No comments: