Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Making new Friends

While reading the book "Eleven indispensable relationships" I came across these thoughts... "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you've forgotten the words."

He also says that "Jesus is God's middle C, God's tuning fork to the eternal, God's perfect pitch."

Yesterday Dee had a luncheon with a few women from the Adams Ridge neighborhood. She went with Sandra B. and they all ate at the Texas Longhorn Restaurant. She said there were about 12 there in all. Sounded like she had a nice time. Prior to that she'd gone to Contours for her workout.

While she was there I went to play golf at Treesdale. As I was about to start, I met up with two other Rangers unexpectedly and the three of us played 18 holes. Pat and Steve are good golfers, so it was nice to watch them hit the ball. My front 9 was terrible, but the back 9 was almost the best I ever played, before I fell apart on the last hole. The weather was awesome! It was a good afternoon.

When I got home, Dee had had a chance to talk with Kerri (It was her birthday.) as well as her friend Clif W. (from her old job) and sister Ruthie.

No comments: