Friday, July 11, 2008

Odds and Ends Day

Yesterday we got some things done around the house in the morning. Dee went to Contours in the morning for exercise. I did some work on my sermon for Sunday and ran the vacuum. I talked with my sister about how it was going with my mom since she was staying there for the week. Mom is forgetting things (like taking her meds, etc.) and where she put things in the house. Jan is good at organizing, so she's trying to get matters more manageable plus give the house a real cleaning. Dee got lots of nice sympathy cards from people in our Seaview Church in NJ and had a nice talk with Ellen McKee on the phone in the afternoon.

In the afternoon I went golfing with Russ Geibel and his friend Bob from work. We played 9 holes at Saxon Golf Course after they finished work. Teed off about 2:30 PM. The course was in good shape. We walked the 9 holes and had a great time. I shot a 48, which for me is good. They get together every Thursday and try different courses, so I thought I might join them next week. I thought I might invite my friend John to make a foursome. We could play either 9 or 18 but we'd ride the 18.

After golf, Dee and I tried a new restaurant we heard about called Hoovers on route 8. They have daily specials that are reasonable. Our food and service was good. We'd been by the place many times but never stopped in. Dees friends recommended it so we gave it a try.

When we got home, it was cool enough to sit on the deck and read and bird watch. Then, I finished the evening watching Ratatoullie on TV, while Dee talked with Kerri on the phone.

Today I wing with the Bogmeisters for Cranberry Community Days at the municipal building on Rochester Road at noon and 5 PM. (All are welcome.) and then get my car worked on at 2:30 PM. It'll be a busy afternoon.

No comments: