Friday, June 6, 2008

The Movies

While we were in NJ we took a sunset cruise with Andy and Paula. Here's a photo I took with my cell phone camera through the screened window on the boat.

Yesterday we decided to go to the movies. So after Dee did her exercise at Contours and lunch at home, we visited the local theater. they have a nice rate for senior citizens - $6.25. I saw the new Indian Jones movie, and Dee saw the Sex in the City flick. As I watched Indy I realized that Dee would not have enjoyed it, so going our separate ways was a good idea.

Later, she did some shopping for her mom. Picked up a couple of robes or something that she could wear at the neursing home. We also decided to rent a movie for the evening. We selected "No Reservations" with Catherine Zeta-Jones. Nice story.

I also took Bonz for a walk around the court and he really did well. He walked beside me and didn't pull on the leash. So it appears his lesson at Misty Pines is paying off big time. Also, he no longer jumps when you approach him, nor when we come home and let him out of the crate. He gets excited, but not at all like he did before. We were told not to use the word "no" with him, but rather the words "off" if he jumps up on someone or something and the word "easy" if he's walking too fast (followed by a quick jerk on his leash). Also we're not to repeat a command. Say it once and wait for him to comply. And don't look him in the eye, in fact, turn away till he does it. It seems he's getting the idea. He's now even more fun than before. Since is was a perfect evening to sit on the deck and read, I read through the entire August issue of "Civil War Times." Fascinating stuff. It's nice to read things I've never had the time to read before. My neighbor is a Civil War buff and so I'll give him the magazine when I'm done. He seemed to appreciate it when I gave him the last one. We're going to have to gete back to Gettysburg again soon to walk some of the battlefields while learning of their history.

No comments: