Friday, May 23, 2008

Time with Mom

Yesterday was Dee's actual Birthday. Since the day started cool and rainy we decided to go visit my mom and take her out for a belated Mother's Day lunch. As we drove down it got sunnier and sunnier. It turned out to be a beautiful day. We took her to the Ponderosa because it has a salad bar and lots to choose from. I hadn't been to one of them for many years. This one was very nice. And the selection was awesome. They had a salad bar, a hot food bar, a soup bar and even a dessert bar. I was pleased to see my mother eating well. Often she just seems to pick at her food.

While in that area we stopped at Lowe's and got a plant, and I even found a battery for my mother's kitchen phone at Radio Shack. We had a very nice afternoon together. I also picked up some of the clothes she was altering for me. The pants fit much better after she shortened the length and took in the waist. I think she has the shirts' sleeve length correct now and she'll tackle them next. We got home about 5 PM and took Bonz for a nice walk around the court. Dee also had a couple of messages from friends on the phone wishing her happy birthday. Her colleagues from work called and left a message for her on the phone - they sang happy birthday. Dee really seemed happy about that.

As the sun began to set I took the picture of a deer behind our house (at the top of this page). As you can see the grass and shrubs are filling in nicely. Lots of green. (Click on it, and then move the picture around and you'll see the deer more clearly.)

No comments: