Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho and off to work I go...

Even though Saturday was a rainy day, it seems golfers don't mind that. As a result, I had my first day as a part-time temporary summer employee at the Golf Course near our house. The guy who was supposed to train me, didn't know he was working on Saturday, and so another person was given the task. More important that learning what I am supposed to be doing, I also learned what I am not supposed to do. For instance, I learned that starter/ rangers are responsible for the pace of play and seeing to it that people make their scheduled tee times on time. We're not responsible for cleaning the golf carts or anything else having to do with outside operations. That's good to know. Here's a picture of me as I was about to go to work. (Note the "work hat" in my right hand.)

It seems this is yet another "first" since my retirement. Sometimes doing things for the "first time" can be a bit intimidating, but I'm discovering that if I pay attention to the instructions, then it's not nearly as bad (or difficult) as I may have thought it would be.

Here is another photo I took on Saturday while on the golf course. The picture was taken with my cell phone. It's the 8th tee on the Orchard Course at Treesdale Golf Club. You'll note that it's all downhill - like a 100 yard drop in altitude. Beautiful course. Click on the picture to see a larger image of the picture.

Dee was able to go out to dinner with a dozen gals from her Contours exercise group. She enjoyed an evening of laughs and getting to know the people who use the gym better. They're thinking of doing that monthly, which would be nice for Dee as she gets to know others better.

No comments: