Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Two Days

On Monday I was able to go to the Barbershop Harmony Chorus practice and I officially made application to join the group. I'm looking forward to learning the music and learning how to sing and read music better. We got two songs that were new to everyone and it was interesting to see the group struggle with the learning process. Our director hopes that these two new songs will be ones we use in competitions next year. Later that night the songs were sent to me in mp3 format, and I was able to download them onto my ipod. That will be a big help as they were in full format and Bass enhanced format (so I can hear my particular part.) Should be fun.

Yesterday, we had a nice lunch at Lonestar (coupon came in handy), and then drove to a place where you can leave your pets during your vacation. We wanted to check it out as one option for when we go away for several days at a time. We'll go back for an open house in a week or so.

I was able to empty the hot tub, clean it and then refill it so that we can start using it. Now I just have to figure out the "water ph balance" thing. We also hung some curtains in the third bedroom and a picture that Dee wanted on the wall in that room. We were both happy we got so much done. Things are coming along. I also began to read two books by C.S. Lewis. They are Prince Caspian (from the Narnia Chronicles) as it's coming aout as a movie in May, and the other is Scrtewtape Letters. That's a book I've been wanting to re-read for a long time. Other than tht, it's been quiet.

No comments: