Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Casual Day

Well, the 3 new throw rugs for the kitchen that Dee has been wanting arrived yesterday. They are all the same colors. (although in this picture they look different.) They go well with the valances Dee made and they pull the kitchen area together and perk up the area.

Dee went to the North Pittsburgh area "newcomers luncheon" with Marsha and Ann from church. It was held at the Fox Chapel Country Club. Dee said there were about 100 women there. They had lunch and saw a fashion show of the new spring "look".

While she was gone, I sorted through my boxes of books, put some of them on shelves in the upstairs bedroom, and reduced the box pile by 4 boxes - PTL! I Still need more shelving. We're hoping to find some like what we already have for the basement area. I also talked on the phone with an old chaplain friend from the PA Air Guard. She invited me to help lead a retreat in Wildwood NJ at the end of May. It would focus on communication issues for couples using the PREP materials. I had received training on PREP http://www.prepinc.com/ when I was in the Guard and used it in my ministry at the church as well. (Seems I was ahead of my time as there is a shortage of chaplains with the training as of now.) Anyway, I agreed to be one of the facilitators. That'll be fun and I'll try to throw in a couple of days in the Linwood area.

We also took Bonz to meet Molly. Molly is a small Jack Russell Terrier owned by Dee's great neice, Ryanne, who lives about 2 miles away from us. We let Molly out every Tuesday because Ryanne has to work late that day. This time we took Bonz to meet her. They walked along side by side pretty well together. Ryanne helps us with Bonz when we want to go away for a couple of days.

I ended the evening trying to learn some of the Barbershop songs using the keyboard functions on my Qchord. They loaned me the Barber Pole Cat Song Book that has 12 songs in it. The idea of the book is to have a dozen songs every barbershopper can sing. It's to encourage quartet singing when you meet up with 3 other guys. (A lot of barbershoppers prefer to sing in choruses rather than quartets because in a chorus your voice doesn't stand out as much.)

All in all it was a casual day but we got a lot done. God is good.

No comments: