Sunday, March 2, 2008

More Dots Connected

This weekend proved to be a time of reminiscing with old friends (something Dee and i have not had much chance to do over the years.) Dee's lifelong friend Kathy G. (she was the matron of honor in our wedding) joined us for breakfast at Morning Watch (one of our favorite breakfast spots) and then they spent the next few hours shopping. Later that night John and Sherron Curdie (he was an usher in our wedding) came to our home to enjoy Dee's homemade lasagna. It was an enjoyable evening of reminiscing and then playing the Wii. Once again Dee dominated the bowling lanes with a score of 175./p

Then, today we joined with Earl and Marilyn Campbell (from our Wilkinsburg Baptist Church) in going to the local Presbyterian church and then out to lunch afterward. Again for a time of renewing our friendship and reminiscing about "the old days." I'm finding it interesting sitting on the pew side of the church, rather than being up front in the chancel facing the congregation. It seems there's alot more going on in the pews that's not printed in the bulletin. Indeed, the people sitting around you can have an impact on the kind of worship experience you have.

The minister spoke on John 9, the story of the healing of the blind man who said, "Once I was blind but now I can see." It was suggested that he was given a new perspective on life as a result of his healing, and that that is what Jesus does for us when we declare faith in him. I'm realizing that our "retirement" is giving us new eyes with which to see life, what's important, who we are and what it maybe that God is calling us to for the future.

I continued to practice the Qchord today, and reviewed all the songs I've been adding to my repetoire. I'm discovering that music is important to me and that it nourishes my spirit during the day.

No comments: