Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

Here are some Easter thoughts for reflection:

   "Easter is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless." - Charles M. Crowe

·         "And he departed from our sight that we might return to our heart, and there find Him. For He departed, and behold, He is here." - St. Augustine

·        " Earth's saddest day and gladdest day were just three days apart!" - Susan Coolidge

·        " Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there." - Clarence W. Hall

·        " Easter so longed for is gone in a day." - James Howell

·        " The stone was rolled away from the door, not to permit Christ to come out, but to enable the disciples to go in." - Peter Marshall

·         "The great Easter truth is not that we are to live newly after death - that is not the great thing - but that...we are to, and may, live nobly now because we are to live forever." - Phillips Brooks

·         "The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances." - Robert Flatt

·         "Where man sees but withered leaves, God sees sweet flowers growing." - Albert Laighton

Yesterday proved to be a productive day. Dee finally decided on a door decoration for the spring season. Here's a photo of what she's come up with for now....

Also, we bought a new jigsaw puzzle and have begun building it. It's from the Chcken Soup series, and pictures a lighthouse, a dove, a Bible verse and footprints in the sand. I'll take a photo of it when it's done for the blog.

Also, I did something I haven't done for 40 years... I filled out a job application, of all things... as a "starter/ranger" at the nearby Treesdale Golf and Country Club. I've often fanticized about doing such a thing, and as I talked with the interviewer the more intrigued I became. It's a 27 hole course and the golf carts have gps on them. It's only 4.5 miles from my house. I have no idea if I'll be called for it, but they seemed to be willing to work around a potentially busy weekend schedule if I should decide to do some preaching in the future. Also, since the place is part of the ClubCorp organization, employees get to use the facilities of other golf courses in their system as well as hotels etc. that are a part of their corporation. That would be interesting. But, we'll see if anything comes of it.

We were disapointed that Pitt lost to Michigan State last night and so is out of the NCAA games. Today's schedule includes an outdoor sunrise service at 6:30 AM and worship with my mother in Monongahela.

No comments: