Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Time to Rest and a Time to Shop

As you can see, the progress on the new housing unit behind us is coming along as they've put the footers in. It's raining today so no work is being done. (although it's supposed to hit 60 degrees today!)

Yesterday saw us travel to Ross Park Mall to take advantage of some coupons we'd gotten in the mail and to pick up some other things we'd been wanting to get. I finally got a new pull cart for my golf bag. They were on sale and mine had died last season. We used a gift card at Dick's (given to me by the Deacon Board as a going away gift) and found a couple of nice golf vests for the new season. At Men's Wearhouse, I cashed in a customer appreciation coupon and found two new shirts that were on sale. I walked out with two new shirts and they only cost me three dollars. Dee found a nice spring 3/4 length coat at Stein Mart and a couple of items for the house. We topped of the shopping spree with dinner at Outback Steakhouse using a gift card given to us be the Morrises of NJ.

I'm continuing to try to figure out how to upload videos to this blog. I do what it says, but they don't seem to work once they are loaded on the site. But, I'll figure it out.

Here are some points to ponder...

"Life is not a one-hundred yard dash, but more a cross-country run. If we sprint all the time, we not only fail to win the race, but never even last long enough to reach the finish line."

"Often nature and life's little detours bring fresh air and a renewal of enerby in ways no other activity can."

"Never be afraid to sit awhile and think."

No comments: