Friday, March 13, 2009

Visit with Kerri and Patrick

It's been a week since I last dropped a note on this blog. We went to visit our daughter Kerri. She's now in her 35th week and doing well. The baby is due April 17 but "low". So the Dr. has put her on "bed rest" for two more weeks. That means being in a horizontal position most of the day. She works out of the house right now and so has her laptop, and phones and water by her side.

Patrick had to work some over the weekend and so we decided to go down and keep her company and take care of some errands for her and deliver the many gifts people brought to the shower for her. It worked out well. It was great seeing her and being with them for a bit. Patrick is taking some course work for work and so has to put in extra hours on the course projects. The course will end on April 4. So Kerri doesn't want to do anything that would cause the little girl to come earlier than that if possible.

Since getting home, Dee has been working at McGinnis'. Although she's given them notice regarding the anticipated birth. They asked if she'd take a "leave of absence" and then return when it's convenient after the baby arrives. Her last day is Sunday afternoon.

We've had some painters in to give us estimates on painting our dining room and living room and kitchen (for sure) and then estimates on the master bedroom and bathroom as well. It's interesting how wide ranging the estimates are.

Our Bogmeisters had a performance yesterday at a Presbyterian Church in the North Hills. There were about 80 people there for a senior citizens' luncheon. We had about 12 singers and it turned out well. Some of our guys couldn't get off work, but we did a good job. I got to sing in a quartet -"My Wild Irish Rose." Fun.

I also attended a training seminar put on by "Sandler Training Institute". One of the people in the Chamber told me about it. It was for "sales people". So I thought it might give me insights for doing PR for the Chorus. Really good stuff. They have a whole curriculum but I didn't sign up for that. Although I'm sure it would be helpful for sales people who have to make a living selling. They gave us a free book called "Five Minutes with VITO (Very Important Top Officer)". Really Good Stuff.

When we were at Kerri's I went to a worship service at a church nearby. The service I went to was a "contemporary" one. First class all the way, but not something I'd want a weekly diet of. They have a traditional service earlier, but I didn't know about it when I went... That's all for now.

No comments: