Monday, March 2, 2009

After the Shower Was Over

Whew! The weekend was a busy one, but at the end of the day it was a good kind of tired. The baby shower went off without a hitch except that the baby's mom, Kerri, couldn't make it in person. The speakerphone idea work as a good back up though. Everyone who was planning to come came. We took lots of pictures and even some video footage. Here's a short clip from the Barbershop quartet (Sharp Edge) that came and sang to the gals and to Kerri via phone.

Earlier in the day I'd gone to pick my mom and to bring her to the shower. Since Kerri wasn't going to be spending the night, I invited my mom to pack for a sleepover. She did. It was nice that she could go to church with us on Sunday as I was singing with an a cappella quartet at church (2 guys 2 gals). From what people tell me it went well. She even went in to Dee's Sunday school class session. Since I had to be there at 7:45 a.m. because we were doing two services, it made a long day for me. We had lunch after worship and then drove mom home, turned around and drove back to Mars.

Sometime after the shower and before Sunday morning I started sneezing, watery eyes etc. I made it through the worship service okay. But it just got worse as the day progressed. So when I got back from dropping mom off, I went to be and slept for about 3 hours before joining with Dee for the evening. We'd stopped at Walgreens and the pharmacist recommended Claritin D. One pill every 24 hours. So I took that before the nap. It seemed to help and this morning I'm feeling somewhat better (75%) and am confident I'll improve during the day.

We're planning on going the Home and Garden Show in Pittsburgh later this morning and part of the afternoon. Here are some more pictures from the baby shower...

No comments: