Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Home Show

On Sunday we went to church and Sunday school. I sat in on the 9-10th grade class. I just wanted to see what they do and how they go about it. It was a good class. The teacher tries for interaction with the kids as he teaches. They're doing the parable. They also have practice of encouraging daily devotions by giving the kids copies of the Upper Room devotional. Then they ask them which was their favorite from the prior week's readings and why. Usually they read that day's devotional aloud and then comment. Finally they close with prayer by one of the kids. All in 45 minutes.

After worship we got to talk with the Campbells and then went to have lunch with Kathy and Russ. We met them at the Walnut Grove Restaurant. They ha coupons for $5 off each meal. The food was excellent at the buffet. Afterward we went to the Home and Garden Show right up the road at the Four Points Sheraton and walked around looking at the various products and services offered.

I spoke with a fellow who does kitchens and explained I could feel a cold draft coming from the microwave in our kitchen. They said maybe a vent was stuck open to the outside. That I should play a radio near the microwave while it's open and then go outside and see if I could find the vent by using sound as my guide. I did that and found the vent. Everything looked good there. However, I decided to shelter the vent from the wind and see if that helped prevent cold air from going in and out of the vent when the microwave is not being used. I checked this morning and the microwave was not nearly as cold as it had been, but since the weather has gotten warmer too I don't know if that made a difference or not. But I think it will be a good fix.

On Monday Dee went to work, and I did some things around the house. Later when she got home we made some risotto for dinner with salmon. I'd seen the chef make risotto at the "Gourmet Getaway" and wanted to try it myself. It was good. Afterward, I went to Barbershop Chorus practice to get ready for our final week before Singing Valentines. It was a good practice. Since my new "free" business cards for the Chorus came in, I showed them what I selected for my design. It's black and gold with black and gold checkered pattern on one end. They look nice and I like them. GO STEELERS !

Later during the evening I started getting a tickle in my throat and ended up awakening several times sneezing and wheezing. I took some meds and they helped some, but still sniffling this morning.

No comments: