Monday, February 2, 2009

Headline "Lord of the Rings!"

LORD OF THE RINGS is the front page headline in today's Post-Gazette newspaper. What a game! We enjoyed watching it with our long time friends in Cannonsburg John and Sherron. The game along with real ham barbecue (made with Isaly's chipped ham) and a variety of snacks and dips (and even a yummy pizza dip) made of an enjoyable evening. Although we left just before the end of the third quarter, we made it home in time to see the last three minutes on our TV. (The roads were empty. Not a car in sight.)We'd been gone most of the day and so let Bonz out as soon as we got home. He seemed "relieved" to see us.;)

Yesterday morning I left for church early because I preached at both the early and the 11:00 services. That was my first time to preach there and really the first introduction to most of the congregation. I was surprised when I saw some friends come in for the 11:00 service that I didn't know were coming. Our great deice Ryanne, and Margorie Grady (from the Wilkinsburg church) and her friend Olive Tuller (wife of an American Baptist pastor who was once the President of our denomination.) And since my bio was in the bulletin, several people spoke to me after worship about places our paths may have crossed. The "it's a small world" thing again and again. The "souperbowl" soup selections after worship were myriad. I counted at least two crock pots of homemade soups to choose from. It was a nice (and exhausting) morning.

Saturday night Dee and I went to the Deck House restaurant in Cranberry. We'd never been there before and we had a coupon for one free meal. The food was good and the atmosphere was pleasant. Everyone seemed to be wearing their Steelers shirts. We'd picked up a couple of new ones earlier in the day and were right in step with everyone else. We each had the ribeye steaks - very good.

No comments: