Monday, February 23, 2009

A Good Day

On Sunday we went to church and enjoyed watching the Campbells and 17 other persons being welcomed into the membership. Afterward, I practiced with the church quartet. We'll be singing at both services next Sunday. We're doing "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" a ccapella and with a flute descant on the last verse. Should be nice.

We went home and had some chilli that Dee had lined up for us, because we had to go to the Tax Preparer guy in the afternoon. I dropped Dee off at Marshalls while I went and saw him. This is the first time in decades where I had someone do my taxes other than a friend. This guy knows the rules and idiosyncrasies of Clergy taxes and he's worked with some of my retired clergy friends. I'm glad I did. It worked out well.

Then Dee and I stopped at J. Clark's restaurant and used a coupon for dinner. Even though it snowed all day, most of it was just blowing around and so there was no accumulation. We spent the evening reading (I finished the book on "salesmanship" and started Dale Carnegie's book "How to Win Friends and Influence People". I've heard a lot about it over the years, but never read it.) and watching television. During the night we got about 4 inches of the light fluffy kind of snow.

No comments: