Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Beaver, PA is a Quaint Town

On Monday we drove to the little town of Beaver. we'd been through there once a couple of months ago and it looked like a nice little town with lots of stores and a quaint main street. We had lunch at Cafe Kolache http://www.cafekolache.com/

It was great - Our sandwiches were made of "slightly sweetened yeast dough" filled with ham and cheese (mine) and tuna (Dee's). The tortilla soup was hot and filled with goodies as well. I bought a pound of their Cuban coffee (Prestogeorgeos) to make my next batch of cold brewed coffee. (brewing now as I write) The owner, Hugh, mentioned they have entertainment every Saturday night in a coffee house atmosphere. You can find what's happening on their website too.

We walked the town going in and out of the stores. A nice leisurely afternoon. The GPS worked great and made the trip that much easier. In the evening I had Barbershop Chorus practice. We're learning the love songs for "Singing Valentines."

Tuesday Dee had to work, so I did some PR for the Singing Valentines by going to the local Cranberry Chamber of Commerce "networking" luncheon at the municipal center. It was a "first" for me as I experienced business people networking. We were each given 60 seconds to "pitch" our product. We also were able to pass around brochures if we wanted to. I had a nice "card" that explained what goes with the singing valentine and a phone number. Then time afterward and prior actually, we could connect with people we wanted to further talk with. My product is "entertainment" by the Bogmeisters Chorus, and the "singing valentine" emphasis. It was fun (although there was not actual lunch this time). They meet weekly on Tuesdays at 11:45. I'll likely go again.

In the evening Dee and I began working on our info for the taxes. It went well since she'd kept things organized each month, identifying things that we'd need to refer to now. We watched a couple of recorded programs and hit the sack, knowing snow and ice were on the way.

This morning my driveway is an ice skating rink, and my car outside is encrusted with ice. Looks like an igloo.

No comments: