Wednesday, November 5, 2008

68 Degrees in November !

Yesterday, Dee went to her second day at the new job while I prepared for my trip to NJ to lead a funeral service for my old friend Geneva. I've worked out most of the details by email and phone and so things should go smoothly there. It will be nice to see the people from my former congregation again.

I was happy to hear form Cokesbury Bookstore that the book I ordered had arrived - Story Journey. I'm thinking of using it for a class at our new church sometime in the future. I'd read it and used it before, but couldn't find my copy.

Kerri seems to be doing well. Now that they are anticipating a new baby, they've found a new place to live with more room. And of all places, it's on a country club golf course! Go figure! They plan to move in December.

In the evening Dee and I went to the funeral home in Butler to be with Dee's sister Ruth. Ruth's husband's funeral is today, Wednesday, in the afternoon. Dee's sister Donna and her husband drove up from NC, and other relatives were there too. It's always good to see them. I'll be driving to NJ today for the funeral there on Thursday.

When we got home, we watched some of the election returns and then went to bed. Dee has a cough that's been hanging on for 3 days.

No comments: