Friday, October 3, 2008

Burrr! It's a Bit Nippy Out There.

Burrrr! Yesterday was in the low 50s all day. I'd put more bird food in the feeder and we saw some beautiful red breasted woodpeckers and downy woodpeckers up close. My mother got so see them when she was here too. She said she'd never seen anything like that. They are fun to watch.

We continued to empty cardboard boxes, take useful and no longer wanted or needed things to the large bins to be used by helping agencies in the area for people in need. I talked with Earl C. about some shelves we have but can't use because the separator spindles are missing. He said he couldn't use them either, so we'll just have to get rid of them. We went to a couple of stores to pick up needed items, and had a nice lunch at a Chinese buffet in the area. It was a good meal at good value. I worked on the new songs I have to learn for the Barbershop Chorus. Memorizing words and notes seems to take me longer that I'd like, but it's still good brain exercise. I've also been working on memorizing my scripture text for this Sunday's sermons, Luke 15:11-32.

Tomorrow is the Mars Applefest. There are to be about 8-9,000 people there. It's a big deal and takes place on the main street in Mars. I'm looking forward to seeing it as next year the local clergy have agreed to oversee it.

Dee talked with Kerri during the day. It seems her class work (online) has begun to become receive a certificate as a "project manager". We checked out the coupon books "the enjoy book" and the "entertainment" book and decided on the entertainment book. It should be fin using it to try out new restaurants. I noticed too it has lots of coupons for golf courses of buy one round and get a second round for free. I also continues to look at various GPS Navigation units to see if I could find one in my price range. I think I'm going to settle on the GArmin 260w that has turn by turn directions with street names included. The "w" in the model number indicates it's the "wide 4x3" model.

Later in the evening we watched to vice presidential debates and followed that up with a recorded episode of "Monk".

No comments: