Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Kerri (a couple of days late)

Kerri's birthday dessert with family...

Sunday we went to church. I shared in the leadership of worship with the pastor and I gave the children's talk. I used my Qchord and demonstrated some of it's many features. I had one of the children play it with me as we sang Jesus loves Me. Then we did it with a little rhythm accompaniment. It seemed to go well. I also did a couple of readings and helped serve the communion with Pastor Jim. It was nice to have Kerri and Patrick in town to share in the worship. (They drove back from Plum in the morning so they could make it to church in time.

We had a nice lunch at First Watch and then went back to the house where Pat and Kerri sacked out for the afternoon. Later, Dee and Kerri got to go to Walmart to explore the Labor Day Sales. After they came home we all went out to a birthday dinner at Atria's. That's where we went last year on this same weekend when Pat proposed to Kerri over the Labor Day holiday on Mt. Washington.

After we got home, we worked on the rope lighting for the deck and stairs down to the hot tub. Pat and I put in the hardware to hold the rope in place. It will be nice when it's done. We finished about halfway when it got too dark. We ended the evening watching Big Brother 10. They like it and explained to us how it works. It was interesting and funny to watch.

No comments: