Sunday, July 13, 2008

Community Days

Yesterday I had to work at the golf course for 8 hours. Fortunately, it was a nice sunny, breezy day and busy, so time went by quickly. Dee spent the day taking care of some cleaning issues around the house. And she'd talked with my mom and Jan on the phone. When i came home, I then called Jan and got an update on how things were going.

Jan gave me the names of the medications my mom should be taking, and that the doctor prescribed for her. She also told me that mom's car needs inspected and that she needs a couple of tests before her next doctor's appointment. Since Jan leaves for home in Philadelphia (she's off school for the next 4 weeks before going back to Chicago) Dee and I will go down to mom's place and take her to the pharmacy, (She had prescriptions before that she never had filled.) and then the clinic for the two tests she has to take. We'll spend the afternoon with her and I think Dee wants to clean her curtains or something like that.

Kerri called and brought us up to date. After several months with only one car, the decided they did need a second one. So they bought a Hyundai Santa Fe at Pat's lifetime friend's dealership. She seemed very happy with it.

Later in the day we went to the Cranberry Days festivities. It was very nice, with lots for families to do. All free. Except the food. We saw the very end of the Battle of the barrels by fireman from various firehouses (They try to push a barrel along a rope high in the air, with their fire hoses.) We learned the dog park will open in about two weeks. Then, we ate at Long John Silvers (hadn't eaten there in many years.) and came home. Relaxed on the porch reading. and finishing up my sermon for today. It was a cool but comfortable evening on the deck.

No comments: