Friday, April 4, 2008

A Quiet Day

Yesterday was a quiet day. While Dee went to Contours, I did my treadmill and watched a program on the "beltways" around Pittsburgh. Roads I've grown up with and traveled most of my life. Fascinating program of what's actually along each of them and where they go. Then we went to Lowes to check out furnace filters, material for curtains, and to get some "afresh" for the washing machine. (It seems with these new HE washers, you need to cleanse the machine itself every month or so to keep things pure and healthy.) At the Hobby Shop, Dee picked out our next jugsaw puzzle. This one is a 1,000 piece puzzle. (photo to come later when it's done.) Later, we stopped at Starbucks for a relaxing coffee/ frapiccino.

As I say, it was a quiet day. I had a nice chat with my mother on the phone. She's altering some shirts and slacks for me. She said she hasn't used her sewimg machine since my dad died. She hopes to start tomorrow. Then, in the evening, I recieved a call from one of the guys from the Barbershoop Harmony Society. He was following up my visit to their open house and wanted to encourage me to come to their practice on Monday night. I told him I plan to be there.

Then, I practiced my Qchord. I thought I'd put a few songs together and weave them into a sermon sometime. So, I really want to be comfortable with the chord progressions so they come automatically when I need them as I play in front of people. Nice - truly a day to renew and relax.

No comments: