Saturday, April 26, 2008

It is Finished !

Finally, after ten weeks I finished the Ben Franklin book. That's the first time I think I ever read such a long nonfiction book. He sure was quite an American diplomat, scientist, philosopher, inventor, and writer. I learned a lot about America History and the Revolutionary War and his role in bringing the United States of America into being. A very good read.

Also, Dee and I finished our 5th puzzle ! Here is a photo of the final result - all 1,000 pieces together. That was alot of fun, and we just sat and did it on occasion instead of watching TV. A little here and a little there, and before you knew it, it was coming together. I'm still amazed at how each piece has only one place that it can go. And when it's in the right place you can definitely tell. We'll leave it up for week or so and enjoy looking at it.

While we were out and about yesterday, Dee got her hair cut at a new place and saw Ann from church there also having her hair done. I went to Pool City to learn more about hot tubs and spa maintenance. I want to do it right and the quick lesson by the service guy helped, but left me with some questions. Next door to the spa place was a Game Stop store. I wnet in there to see what they had for the Wii. As it turns out the clerk was very helpful in explaining one of our games to us. And we bought another Wii game that had word puzzles that could be played by one to four people. In passing we asked if they had any Wiis in stock and he said they were delivered just before we walked in. So we called the Curdies to see if they still wanted one. Sherron said yes, so we got them one. The price came down since we bought ours. Now they're $265.

We went to Costco and had lunch there. They have an awesome sausage and pepers sandwich that we've had several times. And it's fun to walk around and sample the various items they have available to try. After we got home, I went to play golf at Treesdale. But I decided to just practice on the range, and outa the rough, and my chipping and putting. It was a good time of just working on swing, speed, alignment and feel. Very enjoyable. Still unbelievable to me.

While I did that Dee planted some more flowers. Here's the flower box she did for the deck.

No comments: